Finding and Contracting a Creator
Once the Project Profile is completed, Omnia’s Project Management takes over the process of helping the Business find Creators; manage discussions and negotiations to finalize the details of the project; and then manage the project delivery itself.
After clicking the Save and Publish button, the Project will begin the following path towards completion:
- Omnia will forward a summary of the Project to Creators whose experience matches the needs of the submitting Business
- Creators will have 48 hours to respond that they are interested in the project and want to learn more. They will have the option of submitting one question at this point in time asking for more details. If a Creator does not response within 48 hours, Omnia will mark them as being uninterested
- The names and profiles of the interested Creators will be forwarded to the Business who posted the Project along with the followup questions. Note: Answers to the the questions are only shared with the Creator who sent the question. If the nswer is something that would be germane to all interested Creators, the Business will have to update the Project Profile with the additional information.
- The process of asking and answering questions on a one off basis continues until the Creators have enough information to submit their respective initial bids/SOW’s. The bid/SOW will include the amount the Creator will charge for the project, the delivery time frame, and the schedule of milestone deliveries.
- Once the Business selects the bid/SOW they want to work with, the next stage of the Omnia Project Management system opens up to provide a more detailed and direct communication path allowing the Business and Creator to finalize all the details of the project and sign off on it.
- Once the Business and Creator are in agreement regarding all the details of the project, work begins and the Omnia Project Management System will track it and ensure that milestones are being met and payments are happening per the agreed schedule.
- As a final step, upon acceptance of the final project, in addition to coordinating the final payment to the Creator, the Business will be asked to confirm that they give the Creator the right to post the AR project to the Omnia Community. If the Business does not grant this permission, the Creator will not be permitted to post it.
Because projects vary in complexity and development time frames, Omnia understands that various delivery schedules and related payment options are required. The payment options are tied to the milestone delivery schedule and are:
- For Projects under $2500
- Advanced Payment in Full, though Omnia will remit 50% to the Creator at the beginning of the project with the remaining 50% being released upon final acceptance by the Business
- For Projects under $5000
- Advanced Payment in Full as described above
- 50/50 Payment this is similar to the Advanced Payment option except Omnia will charge the Business twice, once at the start of the project (acceptance of the Bid/SOW and once when the Creator submits the final project. Final payment will not be released to the Creator until final acceptance by the Business. Note, the full Omnia Project Management fee will be added to the initial billing period.
- For Projects over $5000, two additional payment options are available
- Three Payment 30/40/30 where Omnia will bill the Business for 30% of the project upon acceptance, then 40% at the midpoint milestone with the remaining 30% being billed and remitted to the Creator upon final acceptance of the delivered project. The full Omnia project management fee will be added to the initial billing period.
- Five Payments (20/20/20/20/20) where the entire project is divided into 5 equal payment, with the final payment being billed and remitted to the Creator upon final acceptance. Note: The Omnia Project Management fee will be divided between the initial 3 payments with 50% of the Project Management fee being billed at acceptance, 35% being billed at the second milestone, and the remaining 15% being billed at the 3rd milestone.
Selecting and Negotiating with Creators
As clear as you may believe your project description was, there is a very good chance that Creators will have follow up questions to clarify things, or you may have questions regarding aspects of a Creator’s Bid / Statement of work. Until you select a Creator to work with, answers are managed on a one off basis, and are only shared with the Creator who asked.
If you feel that a question is germane and should be shared with all Creators who have shown interest, you need to update the Project Brief. All interested Creators will then receive a notice that the Project Brief has been updated.
Also, please note that until a Creator has expressed real interest in the Project, any questions are limited to 100 Characters.
Accepting A Bid/Sow
Once A Business and a Creator have come to agreement on the term of the Project, the fun begins, and the Omnia Project Management platform kicks in.
The first step is for both parties to formally accept the terms of the project. This happens when the Business and the Creator sign the Docusign Agreement that Omnia creates based on the details of the project. Omnia will store this and along with all other and you can of course download copies for your files if you desire.
Once the paperwork is signed the Creator will be directed to start work, and the calendar tracking the milestones will start. Going forward you will be able to communicate directly with the Creator via the Project & Jobs button on your Profile page OR by clicking on your Profile picture in the upper right corner to open a system menu.